Questions can be very powerful. They have the ability to alter our lives
permanently. The right question can get you out of a rut or on the path to a
much more fulfilling life.
Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Pierre-Marc-Gaston
I’ve noticed the quality of my life, relationships, and interactions are very
closely aligned with the quality of questions I’m asking myself and others. I
decided to document some of these questions so I can refer back to them in the
future. Hopefully others will also find them useful.
Table Of Contents
- What is my current major definite purpose?
- What should I be doing more of? Less of?
- Who should I be reaching out to in order to make progress towards my goals?
- When was the last time I reached out to family and loved ones?
- When was the last time I put myself in an uncomfortable position?
- Am I letting fear hold me back from anything?
- What am I 100% committed to accomplishing this week?
Questions For Others
As an INTJ I find small talk
and gossip to be incredibly annoying. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy talking to
people (well most people) but I find it much more fulfilling when conversations
can be about “deeper” topics. Here are some questions that I’ve found that help lead
to deeper, more meaningful conversations.
- What was the happiest day in your life?
- What was the saddest day in your life?
- What place has most inspired you?
- What made you fall in love with your significant other?
- What work are you most passionate about?
- What do you wish your younger self had known about that you know today?
- If you hadn’t gone into (insert profession) field, what do you think you would have done instead?
- Do you think you’re introverted or extroverted? Why do you think that?
- What are the most important things you’d like to accomplish this year?
- What is a common misconception people have about you?
- (If married) What is the secret to your marriage? What advice would you give someone my age who wants to get married one day?
- If you had to give a TED talk about something you weren’t known for, what
topic would you choose?
- What is the best way to live?
- What do I do about my anger?
- What are my obligations to my fellow human beings?
- I’m afraid to die; why is that?
- How can I deal with the difficult situations I face?
- How should I handle the success or power I hold?